Below are some tips to make your floor shopping experience as much of an ease as possible. We've proved a “do and don’t list” to assist you on your floor shopping experience.
- Have a rough idea of how many square feet you're trying to cover. Many times here at Americarpet, we have clients come in asking for an quote, but they don't know the square feet, better known as the area, that needs to be covered. Without this we can only give you a ballpark figure. Of course, when this happens, we will gladly go to the job site and provide measurement services.
- Understand that with all carpet there might be a little variation of color from what you see on the sample to what you actually get. Most, if not all factories are consistent in their color, but since the end result of adding color is called “dye lot” and not “replicate lot” there is chance for a small variation in the colors. If you are going after that one specific, special shade of beige go ahead and have the store order a sample from the current dye lot; this might cost you a generous sum of money though.
- Buy more than what you need. The actual percentage varies depending on the product, but it usually is about 7%. This is especially useful if in the future you need to replace some damaged areas. Spend more now and less in the future.
- Realize that if you need a large area rug we can actually order regular carpet and cut it to size and bind it. This method is more time effective then custom ordering a large rug, which would have to be hand-made.
- Expect your purchase to arrive here by the next day. Most places do not carry many things in stock. If you need something TODAY then call ahead of time and ask the business if they have those items in stock. Furthermore, don't expect it to arrive in a day. Driving, even for professionals such as truckers, take time. We will usually have your goods within 3-5 business days.
- Be surprised when you can't find the same piece of tile, carpet, hardwood or laminate you bought five years ago. Fashion and styles are constantly changing, therefore, so are flooring products. Chances are you are looking for only a bit of flooring to replace a damaged area- coming from experience, nine times out of ten you will not be able to find the exact same flooring that you purchased 5, 10 or 15 years ago.
Please note: Most factories will not ship through UPS or FedEx when it comes to an order. This means that if you need only 40 sq. ft. of synthetic grass, carpet, hardwood, and so on the store will have to add a freight charge. Depending on the product this will add an estimated $50-$100 to the order. When you buy less it costs more.
While I still have your precious attention, please note, Americarpet, Inc. sells all of the various floors mentioned in the article.
For more information, please go to www.americarpetfloors.com, call us at (305) 945-2973, or visit us at: 364 N.E. 167 St. Miami, FL 33162. We look forward to seeing you soon!!