Friday, July 22, 2011
Carpet Spot Removal Chart
Key to Cleaning Methods:
1. Dry Cleaning Fluid: a nonflammable spot removal liquid available in grocery and hardware stores.
2. Nail Polish Remover: Amyl Acetate - often has a banana fragrance. Do not use if it contains acetone.
2. Detergent Solution. Mix 2 cups of cold water and 1/8 teaspoon mild liquid detergent (no lanolin, non-bleach).
4. Warm Water: Lukewarm tap water.
5. Vinegar Solution: One part WHITE vinegar to one part water.
6. Ammonia Solution: One Tablespoon household ammonia to one cup water.
7. Spot Removal Kit: Available from retail carpet stores or professional cleaners.
8. Call a professional: for additional suggestions, special cleaning chemicals, or the possibility of removing and repairing damaged areas. 1a 2a