Ceramic tile requires very little maintenance, which is what attracts many homeowners to use it. If you follow a few of these Do’s and Don’ts your ceramic tile can keep is shiny and smooth look for many years to come.
• In very soiled areas use a cleaner that is made specifically for ceramic tile.
• Clean tile with a damp sponge. (A very small amount of soapless detergent in warm water only)
• In the event you do use a cleaner make sure it is non-acidic, non-alkaline and a neutral base.
• Wipe the surface softly, never scrubbing as this will scratch the tile and ruin the finish.
• Don’t use soap (it will leave a film on the finish) • Use harsh cleaners (these will scratch the tile)
• Use scrub brushes
• Do not use bleach as a cleaner as this will begin to eat away at the finish • Wear rough or hard sole shoes on the tile if at all possible, this too may scratch it.
The grout will need to be re-grouted and sealed again. This will help protect your tile from mold. To do this; you simply need to clean out grout joints and apply a silicone or water based sealer. If you are re-grouting, be sure to keep a wet cloth with you to wipe away the excess quickly so it does not dry and damage the tile.
This article was taken directly from www.onlinetips.org. Americarpet sells all the flooring mentioned in this article. You can see our websites at www.americarpetfloors.com - www.americarpetcommercial.com and www.stylishrugs.com. 3a